4.1.12

Simply the best

Happy New year y'all! Today i was going to post my 'most worn products of 2011' then i realised it was next to impossible to do, as i change what products i use that often - everything is rotated - if that makes sense? So instead i decided to do 'some of my favourite products of 2011'  let's begin....

Picking my favourite blush was super hard, i am a blush addict - the more the merrier, but i managed to pick out a favourite and that is..... Mac Honour (frost) - Honour is a pretty, 'natural' shade. It has small fine delicate reflects of gold/bronze. It is noticeable when on the skin but it doesn't look like you have plastered your face with glitter - that's why this blush can also be used as a highlight as it gives you such a nice healthy glow. I find it compliments my skin tone really well, i think if you had a darker complexion you can easily build up the colour.


Picking my favourite eyeshadows was the easiest to pick...there was no competition at all....the winner is the Urban Decay Naked palette, Eugene bought me this towards the start of the year (2011) and i have used it near enough everytime i have wanted to apply eyeshadow. I am such a neutrals girl, this palette is perfect for me. I know that their is a Naked 2 palette, but i'm not in a rush to go out and buy it, i much prefer the original one. I don't think i have to go into too much detail about the Naked palette, as everyone and their dogs know about it and have seen hundreds upon hundreds of reviews.


As well as been a blush girl i am also a lippy lover, to me their is only one brand (out of the ones i have tried) that do amazing lipsticks....Mac....i used to be a Hue girl, but since it's running really low, i haven't wanted to use it - i have two new favourites: I Like It Like That and Mlle. I Like It Like That is a cremesheen formulation, Eugene purchased this for my recent birthday from our local CCO. The shade reminded me so much of Snob however Snob is less lavender based compared to ILILT, it's such a wearable colour, it can be worn during the day and night without looking out of place. Mlle is a glaze formulation, it's a rather pale blue based, light pink. It's none drying on the lips and as it is a glaze it just glides on with a slight 'gloss' look. It reminds me of a paler version of Pink Plaid and a 'cooler' version of Creme Cup (neither of which i own but have swatched several times)


What have your favourites been in 2011?? I would love to know if you have tried any of my favourites?

12 comments:

  1. Hi :) I love the photos in this post! I don't actually own any of the products here, but I do hope to own the naked palette very soon. I think my favorite product of 2011 has just got to be my simple face cleanser, basic but an absolute necessity! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite has been the Garnier Roll on Concealer :) Its amazing. Oh and my Chanel Bronze Universel cream bronzer. Another amazing product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4.1.12

    Lovely picks - I really want to try the Naked palette, is it all it's cracked up to be? I'm really fussy about eyeshadows having any kind of shine/sparkle in them, I only like matte ones!

    Charlotte xo

    what-charlotte-did.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @I am the elf: I've never tried that face cleanser, will have to check it out x
    @tugba:I so badly want to try the chanel bronzer!! X
    @charlotte: im not a fan of over shimmery products, the naked palette shadows have shimmer but are beautiful there are a few matte shades xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the look of those lipsticks! i don't have any most used products, either, for the same reason. mac blacktrack gel liner is probably the thing i reached for the most in 2011, though. :) great post!

    www.lifeasadaydreamer.blogspot.com

    -Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Emily: I haven't tried that from mac, i only really stick to their blushers and lipsticks :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like we all did this post, haha. Love seeing everyone's favourites. I've never heard of those two shades you mentioned from MAC, I made a mental note to swatch them next time I'm in the store! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Summer - unfortunately neither are available in the mac store :( Mlle was a limited edition and I like it like that i found in my local CCO - sorry hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I basically need both them lipsticks now! Thanks Hayles :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Charli : haha beautiful aren't they!? Mlle was limited edition and no longer available and I like it like that was found at the CCO (no longer stocked in mac store) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Naked palette! The colours are gorgeous! :)

    P.s U are welcome to check out my fashion blog anytime! Thecabinetoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting...comments make me smile :)