8.12.11

Do you have a moody mane?

Soap and Glory is a brand that i was introduced to thanks to reading beauty blogs. The beautiful pink girly packaging that is associated with the brand, now always calls out to me when i go to my local boots store.
 However at the beginning, when i was a clueless consumer, i had no idea what the brand was about or if in fact any of their products were any good. Lets rewind 12 months, who remembers the pink bag deal? I was down in London for my birthday feeling like a lady of leisure (i'm from the North) and saw a rather huge sign for the Soap and Glory pink bag for a remarkable £20 (if memory serves me correct) it was no more than £25! I literally let out a little gasp and tottered into the warmth of the store (it was last December when the UK was hit with snow...and lots of it, although Oxford Street did look beautiful, almost like a postcard!) Up until that moment i had never tried the items. I was understandably excited, i couldn't wait to get back up 'norf and try the items out (my sister also happened to have purchased the exact item for me for Christmas which she ended up giving a friend!)

Some of the items in the bag i loved and some of them not so much. The one that i am going to talk to you about today is something that changed my life...well my hairs life! You are probably thinking, "urmm you are a whole year too late!" although yes you are correct it has taken me a whole year to review the products, all the items in the bag are continually available . So lets talk about hair!

Ever since i was a young girl i have suffered with eczema of the scalp, which is a nightmare, and yes it is completely different to dandruff (just thought i would point that out!) I am always wary about trying out a new shampoo in case it irritates my scalp and causes more damage than good. I have tried shampoos that have cost well over £20 that have not only left my scalp looking greasier than a chip shop fryer but causing such distress to my scalp. My hair is very short but i have a lot of hair...it is super thick!!





The Soap and Glory Glad Hair Day Shampoo is part of the pink original collection and retails for £5.50, you get 250ml of product that smells divine! The shampoo is suitable for all  hair types, it has a no build up formula which is a God send, so no need to keep having to switch products! Two of the ingredients  are Raspberry and Fruit Vinegar (yep you read that right, fruit vinegar!) The scent is on par with the classic Soap and Glory scent with a hint of peach. This product also claims to;

Leave your hair glossy - tick
Feeling smooth - tick
Repair - tick
And to strengthen your hair - double tick!

The times when i don't use this shampoo i can certainly tell the difference with my hair, and it has not once irritated my eczema so big huge thumbs up for that! I only use a small amount and the product lathers so much i almost have a herbal essence moment - i love this product. But with all products there are mixed reviews, you are never going to be able to please everybody, some love this item others not so much.

If you are wanting to try this shampoo or in fact anything else from Soap and Glory range a lot of their items are on 3 for 2 on the boots website here

Have you tried any Soap and Glory products? If so which ones would you recommend?

*i do want to apologise for the quality of the pictures, i can't find my camera, and the lighting is rubbish having to use my phone!*

2 comments:

  1. ooo new blog from you :). I like the name.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Georgia: thanks hun :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting...comments make me smile :)